Cupping is an ancient form of healing with an interesting history that spans several thousand years and many cultures including Egyptian, Chinese and African. Cattle horns were used in earlier times, and as civilization progressed, cups made of bamboo and earthenware were developed. In modern times, cups are made of glass and plastic.
A suction is created in the cups using either a flame or a manual hand pump. The cups are then placed on specific areas of the body determined by the practitioner and based the needs of each individual.
Benefits of Cupping
- Draws toxins, blood stagnation and energetic stagnation out of the body.
- Facilitates smooth functioning of the lymphatic system.
- Aids in myofascial release to decrease pain and improve range of motion.
- Blood: promotes circulation.
- Skin: promotes metabolism within the skin tissues, supports the skin's respiration and supports nutrition supply reaching tissues.
- Muscles: facilitates flow of blood, removes stagnant blood.
Conditions (several of many) That May Be Addressed Through Cupping
- Sports injuries & muscular tension and pain
- Digestive issues & Constipation
- Common Cold
- Bell's Palsy
- Menstrual & Fertility issues
- Carpal Tunnel